1. Please bring appropriate footwear and clothing to the start point of the walk. This will depend on weather conditions. Please follow this link
for more information about clothing and equipment.
2. We welcome new members and invite individuals to walk with us three times before asking them to join
3. Walkers will need a packed lunch, a snack, and a drink unless otherwise stated on the walks programme.
4. Walk leaders have designed each route. Please do not walk ahead of the leader unless he/she invites you to go ahead, up a hill, for example.
5. The leader will designate a back marker to ensure that the group stays together.
6. Listen to the instructions provided by the leader regarding the route and breaks and be ready to move on when requested.
7. If you need to stop, please advise either the walks leader or back marker.
8. If you are walking with a dog, please ensure that the dog is on a short lead and under control at all times. Please check with the leader before bringing a dog because dogs are not allowed on some fields and areas.
9. Use a whistle to attract attention in an emergency or if you lose sight of the group in conditions of fog, distance, or turning.
10. Start points for the walks are given by named location and by grid reference. It is advisable to refer to the maps found in the Walk
programme to verify the start point.